By Hans Petersen
Thursday, March 19, 2015
Veteran Michael Hollemon lost 107 pounds using the MOVE! Coach app.
“I found it at just the right time. It’s awesome.”
Veteran Jerry Phelps uses the MOVE! Coach app to keep his weight under control. “Talking to someone every time I finished a guide was great motivation.”
Veteran Warren Pennington lost 45 pounds with the MOVE! Coach app.
“When I started MOVE! Coach, I got serious.”
They did it. You can too and now there’s an app to help you do it.
MOVE! Coach Main Screen
It’s called MOVE! Coach and it’s a phone app that offers a new way to participate in MOVE!, the national weight management program designed by the VA National Center for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention to help Veterans lose weight, keep it off and improve their health.
What is MOVE! Coach?
MOVE! Coach is an easy-to-use, self-guided program that provides everything you need to set, track, and achieve your diet, physical activity, and weight goals. The app walks you through a series of self-management guides, for a total of 19 weeks.
It’s easy to participate. All you need is an iPhone or iPad with iOS version 6.0 or higher.
To download the MOVE! Coach app:
- From the Apple App Store, select the “iPhone Only” filter, and
search for “move coach” in the search box.
MOVE! Coach has great features and benefits
Read Self-Management Guides
- 11 specialized guides to help you manage your weight and get healthier
- Daily diaries for tracking how much you weigh, what you eat, and how much exercise you are getting
- Tools to help you set and meet your personal goals for weight, diet, and physical activity
- Personalized graphs for tracking your long-term and daily weight loss, daily food intake, calories, and physical activity
- Educational videos—including 11 on physical activity—and a variety of games and worksheets make it easier for you to succeed
- Calculators to determine how many calories you consume and burn
- Progress and summary reports to help you keep track of your goals
- Problem-solving tools help guide you past common weight management challenges
- Links to additional handouts that provide even more information to help you succeed
Do it, just do it! It’s the only thing that’s worked for me!
Learn More About MOVE! Coach
In addition to the help sections within the App, more resources such as a Quick Start Guide, Slideshow and FAQs, can be found on the VA Mobile Health training site.
Questions? Here you’ll find 17 helpful FAQs with answers to questions like these:
Do I need to be a Veteran to use the MOVE! Coach mobile app?
Will the information I enter be shared?
For more information, visit the MOVE! Coach website at http://www.move.va.gov/moveCoachIntro.asp.
Track your diet
MOVE! Coach offers the support and motivation you need…with some great rewards. As Veteran Warren Pennington puts it, “Do it, just do it! It’s the only thing that’s worked for me!”
Help Desk information
If you have questions or need assistance with using the MOVE! Coach App, dial (877) 327-0022 to speak with a help desk representative. The Help Desk is open weekdays from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. (ET).